A year ago on Monday was the day that I was traveling out west to start a new career and life, when in rawlings, wy. I faced death in the face. Me and my dad were in a very bad car accident. We should of died, but we were spared. I remember feeling very lost. I was going to be attending UVSC, taking the job of a life time and preparing to serve a mission, but after that car accident. I lost everything I had ever worked for. I bought a car for cash, that I was so proud of, and watched it be torn into pieces. Almost everything I owed was in my car. I remember being pulled from the car, and lookng up and seeing everything I had ever worked for all over the highway, and my dad yelling at me to stay awake...your not aloud to sleep, but all I wanted to do was sleep and act like this had never happened. I spent the next two months trying to pick up the missing pieces of my "broken life", I decided about two weeks before school started that I should go to BYU-I, I had never wanted to go there but thats where I felt like I should go. I arrived, I was mad, angry, I hated life, and all I wanted to do was go back and rewind it all. I wanted all the pain I felt gone. I arrived and made a best friend, that will always leave an impression in my heart. I had my breakdowns and he was always there to build me up. Even in very difficult times, I had one person I felt like I could count on besides my family. He is a blessing in my life. Never a dull moment of learning. He taught me to be positive and to see the good in all things. I have since, gone through the Fall and now into the Winter Semester at BYU-I. Since I've been at BYU-I I have looked back and realized some things. Two big things I have learned is how grateful I am for my family but espeically my dad. He truly holds our family together. I could really feel the love he had for me, at that moment in the car. He cared nothing of himself but all he wanted to do was keep me awake. He wanted to take away all my pain for me because he knew how hard that was for me. I cryed for days and nights, and my dad always said " I promsie it will get better." Second, thing, I realized how much I was willing to sacrifice to make money. I was willing to give up all my hopes and dreams for money. I wanted a career and thats it. This made me step back and realize what it was that I wanted in life. Without it I don't know where I would be today? I look at the hard times I have now in my life, but how much they are making me better and the person I want to become. They aren't easy but it's worth it in the end. I don't know all the reasons that I am at BYU-I, but I know that this is where I should to be. I am finding the true desires of my heart, and making them a reality.
Always remember the lives we have..cherish them!
"Enjoy the journey never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
Avery Grace Turns 2!!
12 years ago
Wow Kara! I love you post....what truth. I feel like I was in the same spot about a year ago, and that the whole last year I have learned really just to chill out and take life as it comes, even the bad times you don't enjoy.....life is a blessing and can still be great in the midst of stinky times.....because lets face it, life is usually more about getting through the stinky times more than just sitting back and enjoying the ride! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete