Their are some days that I feel like I can't win with work. Some days I am so tired that I just want to stop working and live off student loans and then hope that my husband makes a lot of money. hahaha. BUT I have made it this far, I must keep going. But one of my favorite things about my night job is...I hate the rest of the night but their is one thing that brings a smile to my face at 5:00am in the morning when I haven't slept yet, and pray that when I get home I will be able to sleep.
I go a check on one of these residents, he is in his 90's he needs help showering every morning, taking his meds, eating, ect...but at 5:00am when I go to check in on him, He has some how managed to crawl out of bed, drag his oxgen tank over to his living room, turn on the light and open his scriptures and read. I don't know how he does it because he can't do anything else for himself. But every morning he does that. And I always walk and he smiles "And says good morning" so simple but brigtens up the day when you have been lonely all night.
I would hope that some day I could be that 90 old man that does that with my scritpures and gosepl life. I think for myself I take for granted the small things in life that I can do. And he can't do the "worldly" large things in life but he can do the "eternal" large things of the world. It's a reminder for myself to check my faith, to see how deciciated I am going to be or how I am. Everyone could use an example of a 90 old man.
Avery Grace Turns 2!!
12 years ago
That is a great story....I think that woul dmake me happy TOO every morning I saw that. =)
ReplyDeleteWow, brought a tear to my eye. I need to go read my scriptures!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete