Monday, June 22, 2009

Faith and Relationships

Now, first off to all my little readers..please I beg and I plead with everyone not to compare or think this has anything to do with my personal relationships, now grant some of it will come from my personal life but not everything, so come from the past ect...soo just read and enjoy!

I was up really late the other day, just having a hard night and couldn't sleep, thinking about tons of different things in life...and I have heard this many times but for some reason it touched my heart different this time. In the gospel we talk about having faith. You need to have faith to do this and this and then this will happen. Think about it we only know such a small part of what life is all about, the rest is based upon faith. Which isn't bad, because it's based upon faith it teaches us to follow our Savior and the plan, it shows our willingness to serve him. This life is a test, but it is the easiest test we take but also the hardest test. We have all the answers in front of us but how do we use the answers we have. AND sometimes we don't always know the answers, so we go off of faith.

Now, how does this tie in with our personal relationships. Their are so many different relationships in life, best friends, dating, friends, parents, siblings, ect. Well, we all have different stories of where we come from and why we are the way we are. As, we get older we go through these periods in time, when your older brothers just pick on you, or your older sisters think you are a brat, or your parents get in a divorce. Most of all of us will be in all of those emotions. Part of the plan is eternal families, and sometimes eternal families seems like such a hard goal, its hard work.....sometimes you take the LEAP of faith. Sometimes you say sorry when it's not your fault but it's for a better cause, its for the eternal plan to take the leap of faith, that you are doing everything in your power to do what is right, or trying to mend something that is broken or lost. Many times families are broken because people lack the faith that saying sorry will do any good. It's okay to say sorry even when it's not your fault, you have to faith in the greater cause. When thinking about marriage you must also have faith, you must be willing to know that when you get married that you are willing to scarifice whatever it takes to make it work. You must have faith that they aren't going to cheat on you, that they love you, ect. You can't be doubting the other person you must have faith in the plan. Personal note its not that I don't know all of these things it's just I lack the faith of it all but I am the wrong one, and I am wrong. Faith has always been a hard concept for me, it's not like I can see it but I must have faith in relationships otherwise I will end up destroying the one thing I want more than anything. My relationships are hard, but with all of the ones in my life I love each of them, and I can improve in all of them, I look forwarded to the day when I make the most important relationship step.With all of my relationships in life, I struggle with the power of faith. That the plan was layed out so perfect, that faith is pretty much every where in our life. Don't detroy relationships and families because of the lack of faith we all have.

ps....this might have not made any since..I should of just written it in my journal. O well!

1 comment: